- New York, NY 10001
- Full Time
Title: Radiology Technologist
Employment Type: Temporary long-term project
Pay Rate: $65.00-$75.00/hr (dependent on experience)
Locations: Hospitals based in the Bronx, Queens, and Brooklyn (will be reporting to 1 location, not floating to multiple locations)
DocGo is transforming healthcare with peerless innovation and on-the-ground care. Our mobile workforce of thousands of full-time traveling clinicians and our proprietary, AI-powered software leverages robust medical record integrations to drastically improve patient outcomes. In our tireless pursuit of high-quality, highly affordable healthcare for all, DocGo makes the impossible possible. We’re revolutionizing the delivery of healthcare and we need a Radiology Technologist to join us!
About The Job:
DocGo is working with one of our largest NYC partners to support their Radiology Department. We are currently hiring for Radiology professionals within the following specialties: X-Ray, Ultrasound, Interventional Radiology (IR), CT, and MRI.
· Performs radiologic services in accordance with standards established by the hospital as well as Federal, State, and Local standards
• Prepares patient for examination, explains procedure to patient and answers any questions they may have, transfers patient to examination area, positions patient, makes pre-determined exposure according to technique guide recommendations as well as job knowledge and good radiologic practices, and assists patient at the end of procedure
• Adjusts equipment as needed for the examination
• Arranges immobilization and support devices to obtain and maintain proper patient positioning
• Observes patient and radiographic unit during procedure, reports unusual occurrences and records patient's condition when appropriate
• Maintains adequate supplies and equipment, and is responsible for: reporting equipment problems, cleanliness of equipment and radiographic room, following inventory control procedures including sign in and sign out of supplies
• Records all information pertaining to the examination performed in the patients EMR, department log sheets or logbooks
• Records any information which will be helpful to the Radiologist, or which describes limitations of the examination performed
• Provides for proper image identification, in the manner prescribed by the Department of Radiology, and is directly responsible for assuring that all images are labeled properly and completely
• Transports and uses mobile radiology equipment in patient care areas as required
• Assists the Radiologist in the performance of radiographic and/or fluoroscopic examinations when required
• Performs all required paperwork as assigned by the supervisor or required by hospital policy (i.e.: incident reporting, etc.)
• Keeps abreast of new trends and techniques in Radiography, and participates in department and hospital continuing education programs
• Keeps aware of, and practices the guidelines recommended for general safety, electrical safety, radiation safety, and the proper handling of hazardous materials
• Participates in staff meetings, as required by supervisor
• Performs all related computer work in the Radiology Information System and PACS, as required
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Must be a graduate of an accredited two-year program in Radiologic technology
· New York State license in Radiologic Technology
· A minimum of 1-2 years of experience
EEO/AAP Statement: DocGo is an equal opportunity employer. We acknowledge and honor the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals. We pledge ourselves to crafting and maintaining an environment that respects diverse traditions, heritages, and experiences. DocGo is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The above-noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the applicant a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of this position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of the position.